Work on the National Student Support Accelerator is well underway.
We are already:
- Piloting at least six test sites to better understand what drives student learning and how to best scale programs.
- Collecting and analyzing research to clarify what is known about what drives student learning in tutoring programs.
- Developing an agenda to guide future research.
- Connecting with stakeholders to understand how to design tools and services to support the growth and scaling of high-impact tutoring.
- Exploring how to expand and diversify the teacher pipeline by identifying and supporting tutors who may want to be teachers through work-study opportunities, post-secondary credit programs, and other means.
- Designing a business plan for the National Student Support Accelerator, a research-based organization supporting educational institutions and tutoring organizations to scale high-impact tutoring.
Soon we will:
- Formally launch the National Student Support Accelerator organization and new website.
- Publish our research summary and agenda.
- Release an initial set of tools for tutoring organizations.
- Continue tool development focused on supporting educational institutions in adopting high-impact tutoring, including a readiness assessment.
- Provide educational institutions and tutoring organizations — including universities — with guidance regarding how to establish new programs or improve the quality of existing programs.
- Work towards building a tutoring community of practice.
- Develop a quality assessment system.
- Launch communications efforts to inform stakeholders and the public about these resources.