Planning for High-Impact Tutoring
- Overview: Why is planning ahead important?
- Preliminary Question Checklist
- Planning Timeline Checklist
- How should you design and conduct a pilot program?
Understanding Central Capacity and Staffing Needs
- Overview: Which staffing decisions matter most?
- Which tasks will require a central project manager?
- How will you identify and compensate your project manager?
- How will your program’s scale impact the support needed to implement tutoring?
- What district collaboration is required for success and why?
Designing Data and Continuous Improvement Systems
- Overview: How do data drive improvement?
- How do you design a measurement system to track progress towards your goals?
- Overview: How should you estimate your program’s budget?
- What factors determine your program’s budget?
- What are the typical cost categories for each tutoring approach?
- How do you estimate tutor costs?
- Your cost for tutors will depend on the tutors’ pay (which depends on their experience) and the number of hours they will work.
- How can you reduce costs while minimizing impact on student outcomes?
- Overview: How do you source and sustain funding for High-Impact Tutoring?
- How do you build a sustainable funding model?
- What federal COVID-19 recovery funding is available?
- What recurring federal funding is available?
- What other funding options are available?
Building Stakeholder Investment and Enthusiasm
- Overview: Why does stakeholder investment matter?
- What are general principles for all stakeholders?
- What are best practices for each stakeholder group?
- Students and Caregivers
- Implementers: Tutors, Teachers, and School Administrators
- Labor Unions
- Community Partners
- Local Governments